Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Generations Remembered...and Seattle Weather!

I have always planted a Bleeding Heart in my garden...only because my mother had one in hers. She always planted one in her garden because her mother always had one too. As I sit and enjoy the beauty of mine I think of both of them and wonder about the thoughts they too had while admiring theirs. I have been thinking of my mother a lot lately wishing I had more time with her...the time when I was more mature and could have gleaned so much more from her experiences. She was 65 and I was 33 when she died. Her mother was only 48 when she died and mom was in her early 20's. I am sure that she had many of the same feelings that I have been experiencing lately. Moral of the story...carpe diem, life isn't fair sometimes, make a difference today, love your kids, leave a legacy no matter how long you are here...and the list goes on!
Now for the SEATTLE weather we have been having...the plants are thriving, the roses bursting with color and enormous in size. As Bob and I were lying in bed last night with the window open, we could hear the rain pitter patter on the plastic cover over the boat...it sounded just like being at Flaming Gorge inside the tent in a rain storm. I love SUNSHINE!










6 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

And I have been loving this rainy weather! It's awesome! Your mom and grandma checked out kind of young-- don't you go following their lead. We need a lot more of Aunt Peggy. ; )

Tara said...

Ditto.... I WANT SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!

joy said...

Peggy Peg,
Beautiful thoughts... beautiful pictures.
love, Joy

Becky Andrews said...

Oh such a sweet post. I love bleeding hearts and now do even more after reading this.

Larry and Rhonda said...

Jessie + Peg= blog template soul mates!
I'm on Rhonda's computer so that's why my signature is Larry and Rhonda. Seriously though, I love that we have the same taste, it makes me feel like I must be doing something right!

Kid's Kitchen said...

Your pictures are lovely! And by the way...that picture on my blog is totally not my feet and I stole it off google images. Haha...did you think that I took that? I would love you to come visit anytime! Just give me a ring:)