With nothing to do for the holidays...Bob and I decided to paint the kitchen...it was time! So here are the bare walls just waiting for something new and totally different to be done. we took down the french doors going into the kitchen...makes it much more open. Any suggestions for the walls? I am envisioning square espresso frames with something interesting in them...creative paper? Black and whites of interesting things? Pictures of my friends? Pictures of me? I love how the green makes the white POP!
I will show a picture of the finished product of the dining light...the red tassle is just a tease for now. We sprayed the light fixture and all of our knobs - it is called tarnished bronze. A nice change from the brushed nickel.
And here is another ... nothing to do picture. Riley and Tyson (who goes into the MTC on the 31st) were dears to shovel the driveway this last big storm. They thought they were real cute and adorned our mailbox into a mail snowman...hope the mailman appreciates it too. I am afraid that it will have to melt in the spring...it is pretty solid at this point.
P.S. I realize that I am not decorated much this year - we do have the tree up thanks to the Henrie girls who were helpful and full of Christmas Joy! I eyed it as I deep cleaned from the mess in the kitchen with a feeling of..."Let me put it down!" Oh well, I refrained - Ho! Ho! Ho!
P.P.S.S. A big shoutout to my dear friend Sher for SAVING me yesterday doing touch-ups! We worked for many hours together! I couldn't have done it without her - and it was soooo much fun gabbing and going to Subway (yes, we were the butt-ugly women there) for lunch.

4 comments:
The "new" kitchen looks great! I love your taste (as usual). Speaking of things I love... where did you get the painting? It is awesome! When I finally buy a house, you're getting an invite to come help me decorate. I suck at it! Merry Christmas Peg (and my favorite uncle Bob, too!)
The kitchen looks amazing!! I LOVE it!! You have great taste!!
You made it?! My birthday is July 2nd, in case you were wondering....
I made some of my dad's fudge. Want some? Unless you think my kitchen's not clean enough... ; )
So who does most of the painting? We are such slackers - only have 1 room done with the new paint... such a saga.
Post a Comment