Now if this isn't the best reason to become a teacher....I HATE IT when I get the "heads up" someone in your class has head lice. Yes, folks it has already begun this year. We the teachers are already itching, scratching, and are leary. I am all about the Howie Mandel "bumps" when kids try to hug you. Yes, sixth graders still like a hug now and then, but I refuse with a quick "personal space". I have such a phobia that I know this is why I hate to go to the movies. Who has sat in that seat and what were they harboring? I have been known to take a slick coat (so bugs will slide off) to cover the seat with. Wierd? Maybe just a bit.
Let's hear it for the BUGS!



7 comments:
UGH! Now you've got me all paranoid! That first picture totally gave me the heebies! Golly, thanks Peg! It is one of my biggest nightmares!
Gross, gross!! I think it makes you start to itch just thinking about it, too.
i don't blame you for needing personal space! YIKES!
This is hilarious! I think I'm glad the pictures are fuzzy to me, right!
people often ask me how i deal with all the blood and guts i see at work. but that's nothing compared to LICE! at least i get to wear gloves at work! (hey, that's not a bad idea to implement in the 6th grade)
What is that top picture? Gross! I am in total agreement with you, we love the kids to death - but not enough to get lice from them.
Ha, Ha, I am glad I am not there for the Head Lice Season. Maybe Mr. P could organize a Race For the Cure of Head Lice or maybe its a PTA thing. Your favorite custodian Eddie Always Wong has a pressure washer. Just line them up and hose them off.
Post a Comment