Friday, September 5, 2008

A colonoscopy, water aerobics & scuba divers...


You may wondering how all of these lovely things relate...I will begin!


A few weeks ago Lars had to have a follow up colonoscopy due to some issues (without going into great length). Anyway Dr. Batista is "happy to report" all is well in Lars' colon. Really is he happy? Well, on Lars' game day I was invited back into the recovery room with Lars. He was groggy and just waking up. The nurse then invited Lars to "pass some gas" so that he could go home. She then proceeded to close the curtain and left us alone. Lars within moments, eyes wide open in disbelief, ripped off the loudest, most earth shattering, blast of gas you have ever heard! Another nurse immediately whipped back the curtain to exclaim, "Well, aren't you just a show off!" She was laughing so hard.


Then another one came from who knows where to exclaim, "Could you stop making my patients feel badly that they can't explode like you?" Needless to say, Lars was a shining star, one of my proud parent moments, and didn't let the group of nurses down by letting more monster blasts off. I was so glad to leave and take him home. I won't tell you that as he got out of the car, heading up the stairs, I noticed a wee bit of to trusted a fart mark.



So how does this relate? Last night I went to my water aerobics class. The teacher was ginormously big, but the chick never put on a floating belt. She was able to tread water for one hour and was faster than any of us. The best part was there was a scuba class of 3 men going on at the same time, but on the bottom of the area that we were doing laps over the top. Do you think they looked up? It was creepy to have the bubbles burst in your face, wondering where they were, and were they going to run into us?

A fellow teacher happened to be in the class. She finally screamed, "I can't take this anymore. It is too wierd! I am sick of their bubbles."

Of which I encouraged her, "Kathy, why don't you send down your own bubbles to them?"

"If I had that kind of power I would!"

At that moment I wished that Lars - post colonoscopy - was with us. And that is how it all relates.

5 comments:

Idaho Bushmans said...

You are to funny. Thats a good one. Glad you like water aerobics so much.

Siggy said...

Oh my Gosh! That was hilarious. I was dying and crying and trying to hold in my pee. I loved it...

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

hahahahaha!!!

Becky Andrews said...

That is hilarious ... this brought back memories of scuba lessons (not me - but Steve and the kids) Glad Lars is okay!

Miller Family said...

Thats hysterical! Maybe Lars can give you some tips. Could make a nice family home evening.