Monday, September 8, 2008

Saint Jeff Rides Again!







Hallelujah! Bob did it! He really 100% did it! Lotoja has come and gone...Bob was victorious with a great finish and yes folks...a bit of daylight to spare!!!

The weather was picture perfect to ride your bike for 206 miles, one day, three states! Bob, David (his son), and Nicole (from our ward) left at 6:00 a.m. from Logan, Utah. Between Preston and Montpelier poor Bobby had a fall. He was in pain, but didn't Taylor Miller say, "Pain is just weakness leaving the body?" Bob pushed on. In Afton, Wyoming he asked if anyone had seen the train that had hit him! It worked out well because "Saint Jeff" ( a fellow FBI guy, young, buff, etc. who was supporting another racer with a friend) ran into me and said that he had brought his bike gear just so in case he saw Bob and wanted to ride a bit with him. I immediately had him gear up and explained that his quest was to get Bob across the finish line. (Selfish reason? Maybe a bit.) They met up, they hugged, Bob wanted to kiss him, and Bob now had a companion to ride with. (David and Nicole were about 30 mins. ahead of him since Preston.)

With this new enthusiasm Bob and Jeff left Afton. Jeff was a good man, a good one to draft off of, and a real support to Bob who didn't really want to ride the race alone. 87 miles later, they came across the finish line! Yipee! I am proud of Bob, don't really get the abuse and punishment to the body, but what the heck...you are only 61 and10 months old once!!! Jeff Ross is the co-man!

Here are some pics...
Support Crew 2008
Pretty Good out the window, driving by myself, window down shots of Bob and Jeff!
So here I am, primed to shoot, start snapping and some tandem people come from nowhere!
Bob and David meeting up at the finish line
David and Holly - Engagement type photo?

11 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

Way to go, Bob! You are SO my favorite uncle! I'm proud of you!

the youngs said...

Way to go Bob!! By the way, I just put two and two together--Holly Watkins is my good friend Lori's little sis! Wow. Small world--'specially when yer a mormon!

Idaho Bushmans said...

Good Job Dad. Way to do. What an acomplishment. Love ya. Nice pics.

Becky Andrews said...

Congrats -- that is awesome! We love to ride our tandem but can't imagine doing that long one. Way to go.

Larry and Rhonda said...

bob you're a flat ass stud! that accomplishment is far greater than anything i've ever done. you look a little aniemic though, you may need a blood transfusion. rhonda's 91 year old dad got one this summer and it really helped.

Miller Family said...

Go Bob! That looks so fun, one day I really want to do that. How many miles is that?

Texasute said...

Peg,
It was great to hear from fellow Utes. Enjoy that perfect fall weather. That is so great that you accomplished that race and it looks like Peg did a great back up job. You passed right through my home town (Afton, Wy). We miss you and think about great UTAH all the time.
Amy

Fojtek Family said...

First of all, I am so proud of you Peg! You did it! And Bob, you are the man. I never had a doubt that you would cross the finish line. You put in the time, you were mentally ready for the race. I am so proud of both of you.

Love ya,
Shell

Holly and Dave said...

way to go bob and dave! and thanks to peg for the great company- how 'bout next time we plan a trip that's a little more relaxing for everyone involved?

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

OK, that is crazy!! That's such a long ride! I don't even have a bike and I really don't think I could ride it a mile!

Jay said...

My butt hurts just thinking about that ride...oww!

And peg I really really really need help getting a new background for my blog