Friday, April 18, 2008

It's official...I have become my mother!

My mother was well known for writing impressive, creative, well spoken letters to those with whom she had issues with. She once wrote to Phil Donahue to speak up about the topics he was discussing on his show...they were inappropriate. She also wrote a letter to our bishop...John Alexander and dad was in the bishopric at the time! I must admit it was a well deserved letter ...ask me and I will tell you the story sometime.
Here is my aha! I don't write letters...well a few have gotten a well deserved letter to call baloney on their behavior, but as a general rule the phone works fine.

I have been to Bajio in Centerville twice in the last 6 weeks. One night I ordered a salad and the girl running the till asked if I wanted any tortilla strips on top. I told her to put a few on. Well, she was wearing gloves and was handling money and she turned and stuck her hands in the chips, threw them on top then proceeded to check us out. I was disgusted, kept my mouth shut and picked them off of the salad. Two nights ago, I went in to get nachos for Sigrid and myself and the cashier was told to get them ready. With his gloves on he scooped up the chips, dipped his dirty gloved hand into the cheese and sprinkled it on top. He then returned to working the till with his gloved hand. Next he starting cutting a bunch of quesadillas touching them all with the same gloves! I left the line, went to Albertsons and made my own healthy nachos.
Here is the part that is like my mom:

1. I do leave lines when I get impatient.
2. I called the manager at Bajio and complained about the cleanliness and how his employees needed to reglove!
3. I even called the manager at Quizzno's (since I was on a roll) to complain about his 3 employees who were sitting by the front door having their cigarette break. You couldn't even stay to eat it smelled so bad.

So, I have become her and I guess I need understand that employees wear gloves to protect themselves from microorganisms...don't want them to get sick from touching money!

1 comments:

Miller Family said...

It is scary how that happens. The older I get the more often ryan looks at me and says "ok tamara!" (tamara is my mom obviously). I think in this case becoming like your mother is a good thing. I complained to the headquarters of two restaurants last year and I noticed a change (and I got free food)!