Saturday, March 1, 2008

Rhonda is my age today!!!!




Ok, for only for four months will we share the same age. I would feel badly if others blogged about her and I didn't! Rhonda and I have been together for about 32 ish years. Of course our apartment was quite jealous of theirs because they were obvious Smith Field House sniffers. I happened to be the visiting teacher to Cynthia Herrera and had to go into their "space" once a month. I have to admit I kind of liked all of those "Hot Vegas Chicks." So, on Thanksgiving everyone had left town except the two of us. I believe I made the first call and asked her out. This is starting to sound a bit lesbianish, but it gets better. It may have been boredom, but it turned out to be the most stable relationship of my life.


Here are some grand things about Rhonda that I admire and appreciate:

Her...

laughter

funny sense of humor

grabs boobs at the red light as a precautionary measure of safety

dressed like Suzie Chapstick and acted out the part at Sundance on the slope in front of BYU ski classes

drove a porsche in winter with the top down, heat full-blast, and Steve Miller Joker blaring

went to my 20th class reunion in San Diego with me...opted out of the party so we didn't look like "a couple"
who else would let me pee a bit on them while cliff jumping at Powell? So I was nervous!
holding hands at the mall
after my divorce: would spend the night at my dad's with me, we kicked him out of his king bed so we could talk all night

weekly chats on the phone...most times every other day

example of goodness, hope, and strength

sensibility

style - who else could pull off a strategically placed fried egg (2) shirt?

willingness to serve

great mothering skills
was asked if she was my daughter when Bob and I got sealed in the Temple. Hello! Doesn't everyone know I am Larry's mother?

organization - I have to clean when she comes to town!

sacrifice to go to girl's camp with me...of course we slept in the same tent! Poor Bob had to sleep in the Priesthood area. I will now get NO sympathy when I camp...she knows how well Bob takes care of our "camping suite."

THE LIST COULD GO ON FOREVER!!!!! I love you tons Rhonda!








2 comments:

Layton Family said...

I am glad you updated and I like the new layout. I am a blog stalker, peeking in on you. haha Happy Birthday Rhonda! You 2 have the cutest friendship ever and are so lucky to have eachother!

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

Hilarious! I am thinking I need to hear some more Rhonda stories from you because you get to see a different side of her than I do!I'm quite certain that if we had all been in college together, we would have been good friends!