Monday, April 6, 2009

Camping in the bedroom...


I know the picture is small, but a picture tells a thousand words. Here are my words...

Last November 1st, I ordered a new bed online. What a great idea...it was saving us $200! We had just bought a new KING sized mattress - Bob was tired of my sleeping diagonally and hogging the bed. So, the bed had a delivery date of Dec 23rd, which became January 8th. When it wasn't here by then I cancelled the order. Our deposit would soon be returned by mail...

So, I went to our local furniture store in Bountiful where I have purchased several pieces of furniture and have been pleased. I picked out a new bed that was delivered 5 weeks later. Excitedly Bob went and picked it up. We carried all of the components upstairs only to find that the rep of this company had ordered King size side slats, but a Queen footboard and headboard.

Ooo la la, they hurriedly ordered the King sized ones and they came about 2-3 weeks later. Once again we tore our bed apart, carried out the metal frame it had been sitting on, and unwrapped the footboard - BEAUTIFUL! We unwrapped the headboard - BROKEN! So, the store came and picked it up.

Last week we finally got the headboard in and it is beautiful!!!! The man who delivered it came upstairs to help Bob assemble the pieces. He was feeling a bit sorry for us... I held the headboard as they put in the first side slat...the footboard's slat drills were 5 inches to low! The bed would have been sitting 2 inches off of the ground! The bed would have been on a slant...I guess ok if your have indigestion at night.


He calls his boss, she calls the rep, they are all mortified, and all we can do is laugh. Guess what? There are NO MORE footboards at the warehouse AND the bed has been discontinued!

It just is not meant to be!!! I went in to the store last week. She asked me if I wanted them to stick it and get my money back. No, I picked out a new bed - double the price!!! She was so kind to give it to me at wholesale, what I had paid for the first one. We hope it comes soon, we hope the trucking company is nice to it! I will post a picture when it is finally here!

Now, I have more words to add to my thousand...
So, I have been in contact since January trying to get my REFUND from this company who tells me tales that it is in the mail...BULL! One last time I tried to call, went to their web site to get the number againonly to find a blank screen with..."Due to the economic depression we have closed. Please contact your credit card company."

Yes, American Express has had a case file open for several weeks on them for us. We will get a credit by May if they have not heard from them...HOLY COW!

Bob and I are sleeping on a mattress on the floor...a bit like camping,..diagonally and happy!

4 comments:

joy said...

Peg, Whatever! How frustrating!
Hope you have better luck this time!
Love, Joy

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

Ahhh!!! How miserable! I wouldn't mind the whole sleeping on a mattress on the floor bit as much as the headache of so many disappointments!

Tara said...

Holy Crap!!! You really have had bad luck. Who did you order the first bed from?

joy said...

Hey Peg,
Thanks for correcting my spelling! One more thing you have taught me. Oh yea, we bought a wheat gringer too, doesn't make for a cute blog picture though...
Love, Joy